It is our goal at Richview Animal Hospital to provide your pet with the best possible medical care. This is achieved by enhancing preventative, diagnostic and therapeutic medicine within a progressive and technologically advanced hospital. Because of our aim to provide your pet with the benefits of high quality health care, we are pleased to introduce radiowave technology to our surgical protocol. With this technique, we are able to offer your pet shorter anesthesia and post-surgical healing times. This procedure decreases post-operative pain and swelling, and allows for your pet to recover more quickly. Radiosurgery is used for feline and canine spay procedures and canine neuters.
What are the benefits of radiowave surgery?
· Post-operative pain is decreased - Radiowave surgery seals nerve endings as it cuts.
· Post-operative swelling is decreased - The low temperature of the radiowaves decreases the risk of tissue destruction.
· Less blood loss - As they cut, the radiowaves close off blood vessels.
· Risk of infection is decreased - Radiowaves vaporize bacteria. This makes sure that the incision area is free from possible infection
· Quicker recovery - Because the degree of tissue destruction is decreased, healing and recovery is quicker
· Safer than laser surgery - There are no safety hazards involved with radiowave technology
· No burning of the tissue - Radiowave surgery does not burn the tissue
How does Radiosurgery work?
A small micro fiber tip becomes energized by radiowaves. These ultra high frequency radiowaves interact with your pet's tissue in a specific and precise way. This results in a focused and accurate cutting technique, which decreases the amount of tissue destruction. Healing is rapid and the recovery process is increased. This technique additionally decreases discomfort and pain post-operatively.
Examples of Procedures
- Spay and Neuter
- Tumor removal
- Skin tags
- Anal fistula
- Soft Palate
- Distachiasis (extra eyelashes)
If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call and one of health care team members will be happy to help you.